EisphorIA reserves the right to make amendments to this cookie information without prior notice. Amendments will be effective upon posting on the website.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data ﬁles of letters and numbers that are sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera or Internet Explorer.
Cookies are ‘passive’ as they contain retrievable information, but do not contain programmes, viruses or malicious software.
Types of cookies
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs.
By lifespan, a cookie is either a session cookie, which is erased when the user closes the browser, or a persistent cookie, which remains on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
Cookies contain information about your visits to our websites and are a convenient way to transfer your information from one session to another, or between sessions on related websites. This results in an enhanced browsing experience, as you do not need to re-enter your login details or preferences each time you visit our websites.
For the measurement of web statistics, we use ‘cookies’ to automatically collect certain information from your web browser concerning your use of the EisphorIA website. By analysing the collected data, we are able to improve our website, thereby further optimizing our service. The collected data includes details as the time and depth of visits and the pages you, the user, have visited. The data collected is not given to a third party for any other purpose.
Cookies used by EisphorIA
EisphorIA uses only first-party cookies, for the following functional or statistical purposes:
- To allow you to transfer information between pages of our website and avoid having to re-enter information, like your user name and password;
- Within registration, to allow you to access stored information;
- To remember the items that you have put in your shopping cart prior to your sale;
- To recognize you as a unique visitor when you return to our website and allow us to tailor content to match your preferred interests;
- To collect anonymous, aggregated statistics which allow us to better understand how users use our website, thereby helping us improve our website;
- To identify you by account name, e-mail address, customer ID and location (geographic and computer ID/IP address);
- To help us tailor content to your preferences.
Collecting and analysing your data enables us to improve our websites and further optimize our services.
EisphorIA uses first-party cookies for website analytics from Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics. These are persistent cookies that expire after no more than two years. These first-party cookies can provide EisphorIA with the IP address of every visitor. The data collected is hosted on a server based in the European Union and is not shared by EisphorIA with any competitors, organizations or individuals.
Blocking or deleting cookies
It is possible to block or delete cookies by using the browser’s privacy preferences menu. For example, you may choose not to accept certain types of cookies, to have the browser ask for consent before accepting a new cookie, or to block cookies altogether. If you choose to block or delete cookies, you may not be able to register, login to the website, place an order or make use of the full features and functionality of EIsphorIA’s website.
Note: blocking or deleting cookies will impact the user’s experience when visiting EisphorIA website(s). To fully benefit from the features and functionalities offered by our website we strongly encourage you not to block or delete any cookies.